Old 04-07-2006, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Are professional gardeners supposed to take the prunings etc away ???

wrote
I'm a professional gardener. If I do a job where there is going to be a
lot of waste, say cutting a hedge, I charge to take the waste
away

snip
For maintenance jobs, I can usually depend on there being a green bin.
If the council objects to this, it's ridiculous. Just because I'm being
paid to cut the grass doesn't mean it's better or worse than the
customer cutting it and putting it in the same bin!

Contractors couldn't depend on it everywhere as not all councils will
provide a garden waste collection without extra charge. Ours doesn't.
They don't allow any garden waste in the main (landfill) bin - the
householder has to pay extra to have a separate bin for garden waste if
they want it taken away.

And the bin colours are also designed to confuse the unwary - green
isn't for 'green' it's for landfill, black is for recycling (but no
glass) and brown is for 'green'.

--
Sue