Old 05-07-2006, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sena

Default Best way to treat a lawn that is shared with guinea pigs

said...
Sena wrote:
You don't happen to know of anything other than those little black
catterpillars that eats that tall yellow stuff horses mustn't have, do you?

Ragwort... and no.

That's the one! I knew it, but the name just wouldn't come to me.

That'll be Cinnabar moth caterpillars... the moth itself is day-flying and
very pretty.... bright cerise and black.

They're gorgeous, aren't they. They don't seem to actually eat the
plant - or if they do they're not very thorough. My main concern is
that the (almost) feral rabbit will develop a taste for the stuff. I
assume that so far he hasn't, as he's still very much with us...

http://www.arkive.org/species/ARK/in...d_freshwater/T
yria_jacobaeae/ARK013988.html?size=medium

The caterpillars are yellow & black striped, like Tigger.

Tigger was a caterpillar??

--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.