Old 05-07-2006, 03:54 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Lotus that jumped the pot

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"gene" wrote in message
oups.com...
So, if your experience was that you could cut off a runner that's just
wandering around in the water, and replant it in the summer, without
damaging the rest of the plant, I would be very grateful to hear from
you.

I was told before severing the runner, get it rooted in a pot of sand or
fine gravel at a leaf-node where the roots poke out. Peg it down until
rooted, then sever from the mother plant. I know mine lived all summer but
I then planted it in a 100g kiddy pool with another Lotus. A bunch of
shoots came up the next summer so I don't know if one was *that* runner or
not.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.