Old 05-07-2006, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
EastneyEnder

Default Best way to treat a lawn that is shared with guinea pigs

Sena wrote:
Ragwort... and no.

That's the one! I knew it, but the name just wouldn't come to me.

That'll be Cinnabar moth caterpillars... the moth itself is day-flying and
very pretty.... bright cerise and black.

They're gorgeous, aren't they. They don't seem to actually eat the
plant - or if they do they're not very thorough. My main concern is
that the (almost) feral rabbit will develop a taste for the stuff. I
assume that so far he hasn't, as he's still very much with us...

Ah... you might want to watch out for that. From what I know, it's a
cumulative poison stored in the liver, so even though your bunny is still ok
now, one day out of the blue he might not be
--
Sue
Pendragon Hamstery