Old 05-07-2006, 02:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
JD

Default What kind of flower is this?

wrote:
http://oxholmfamily.com/geoff/poconoPictures/flower.jpg
Found in a marsh in the Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania. Thanks!
(Link will go dead after identification.)

Here in Kentucky we have small patches of wild iris that looks similar
to the one you've pictured here. Purple is the only color I've ever
seen of this type iris and they are much smaller in size than the
varieties grown in garden's and flower beds.

http://www.kywildflowers.info/latespring/dscf2441.html
or
http://www.kywildflowers.info/latespring/dscf2708.html

I did a quick Google for Pennsylvania's wildflower site but it was a
bit more difficult to use than the Kentucky website.

JD