Old 05-07-2006, 12:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Elbrecht

Default Big healthy looking tomato plants but no fruit!

"TQ" ToweringQs AT adelphia.net wrote:

-snip-
I/ve had much better luck (better size; flavor) with EGs as a late season
crop. I/m getting ready to set EG plants this weekend. They/ll start
coming in around mid-September.

That sounded like such a good idea that I was thinking about where I
would get some seed. Then I remembered that in my part of the world,
Zone 5-6 in NY, I'm still picking lots of indeterminates in mid Sept--
and wondering when a hard freeze will kill them all. [Average killing
frost is Sept 15 here-- but I was still picking tomatoes on Oct 4th in
1987 when we got an early 6 inches of snow.]

I've gotten a second crop of peas, and a second of beans-- but I'll
leave a second crop of Tomatoes to you folks below the Mason-Dixon.

Jim