Old 05-07-2006, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default Are professional gardeners supposed to take the prunings etc away ???

"Sena" wrote in message
t...
said...

If your green wheelie bin is used for
recycling why shouldn't the waste be put therein?

Because garden waste isn't classed as a recyclable (paper, metal,
plastic).
We're encouraged to compost it.

I'm pretty sure we can recycle ours, in the natty placcy bags provided
by ye council.

Some councils will provide containers for compostable stuff but not all
will. The green 'recycle' bins aren't usually used for garden waste.

They presumably have a contract somewhere or other for
shredding stuff and generally making it useful for - goodness knows
what.

Ours used to provide a container for garden waste but they were abused so it
stopped. We can take garden waste to the tip and put it in a special
container there (not all councils do that). They shred and compost it and
sell it.

Mary