Old 05-07-2006, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos

Default AOS/"Orchids" question

Although I am Australian, it is my understanding that the USP requires an
annual statement of Ownership, Management and Circulation be published in
the end of year issue of each subscriber publication.

This information appears in minute print in each December issue of Orchid.

Average total distribution per issue during preceding 12 months (including
free copies) of Orchid:

2004 = 24312
2005 = 22574

So in one year the distribution has fallen by 1738 (about 7%) and this is
before the increase in price.

Cheers

John

"Steve" wrote in message

Are magazines still required to put their circulation numbers in that
information page near the beginning? I'm sure there's room to fudge the
numbers a little but it could give a rough idea if they still do that.

Steve

danny wrote:
I've heard membership dropped, I don't know how much. That's not
something they would want to publish.
-danny

"unknown" wrote in message

so any of you who still get "orchids" mag from the AOS--has there been
any mention of a change in membership numbers since they jacked up the
dues? i'm one of the ones who said "no thanks" to the nearly 30%
increase, so i haven't been getting the magazine. i was just wondering
if anyone knew what effect the rate increase was having...

TIA...

---j_a, who plans on asking for a membership for xmas, so my siblings
can split the fee.