Old 05-07-2006, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default water butts

"Mike" wrote in message

The company organising it is Blackwall, Freepost LS6334, Leeds. LS14 1YY.
Maybe they are doing one in your area, but for the special price, it will
be
through your Water Company, at cost? Yes :-)))))

We have three, bought through Yorkshire Water at that price - I think the
first might have been less because it was some time ago.

Blackwall is just up the road from us. After the first offer, when we
realised how efficient the butts were, we asked Blackwall if we could buy
more. We could - but not at that price. When the offer came again we snapped
it up.

I also use a smaller barrel with lid which we rescued from somewhere and my
mother's dolly tub on each side of the greenhouse to collect roof run-off,
it's surprising how much we collect from an 8' x 6' pitched roof.

The butt which collects from a shed isn't big enough, the excess is diverted
into a plastic dustbin.

I water vegetables daily, I'm delighted with the butts. And since our water
is metered it also keeps down our bills, although that's not why we bought
the butts.

Mary