Old 05-07-2006, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sena

Default Best way to treat a lawn that is shared with guinea pigs

said...
Sena wrote:
Ragwort... and no.

That's the one! I knew it, but the name just wouldn't come to me.

That'll be Cinnabar moth caterpillars... the moth itself is day-flying and
very pretty.... bright cerise and black.

They're gorgeous, aren't they. They don't seem to actually eat the
plant - or if they do they're not very thorough. My main concern is
that the (almost) feral rabbit will develop a taste for the stuff. I
assume that so far he hasn't, as he's still very much with us...

Ah... you might want to watch out for that. From what I know, it's a
cumulative poison stored in the liver, so even though your bunny is still ok
now, one day out of the blue he might not be

He's certainly fine at the moment. Four babies in a hutch show that not
only does he know what do with a doe (we didn't realise it was a doe but
that't irrelevant) but that he can also release her from her hutch in
order to do so.
http://frances.fotopic.net/c951846.html
(I got a bit carried away with the photos...)

--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.