Old 05-07-2006, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default water butts

How can you do that?

Don't you close the tap when you remove whatever vessel you're filling?

Long story :-((
Do you want it?

Yes, but to prevent flack you can mail it to me if you prefer.

'flack'? That's the stuff others fling at you 'cos they are not as good as
you ;-))
Not my fault they are not up to my standard ;-))

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I will begin ;-)

Two water butts side by side. Numbers 1 and 2.
1 receives the water from the roof
2 is the overflow from 1

Water Butt number 3 turns up on the scene for the new Verandah. Not very
pretty :-((

Change 2 for 3 as 2 is in a not very often used Courtyard
2 has a lot of water in it. Use buckets and watering cans to empty 2 into
4,5,6,7,& 8 at back of garage :-))
The tap on 2 is quite high up :-( and soon runs dry, so tilt butt 2 on its
base. LEAVE TAP OPEN whilst this operation is going on to make butt 2 light
enough to move :-))
2 now light enough.
change 2 for 3
2 now spare :-))))

Next morning

Raining :-))

Butt 1 and 3 full.
Still raining
Verandah not ready.
Fix 2 to take overflow from 1 and 3 :-))

Water level gets to tap height!!!!!

and you know the rest ;-((

Mike

I do wish I was as perfect as 'some' on this newsgroup!!!

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007