Old 05-07-2006, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Tree with birds nest - chopping it

In article ,
"BAC" writes:

| Fine. IF he realises is what is going on. What if they say to him:
| Were you told to remove the nest after we killed the bird.
| And he says:
| No, but I am tidying up the mess you have made.
|
| That would mean nothing unless he had been cautioned, and, if he had been
| cautioned, one would hope he had the commonsense to take advice before
| saying anything at all.

Actually, no! That is true ONLY if those people were policemen - not
if they were not. Bizarre but true.

| I forgot that you and Malcolm had 'history' - I apologise to you both for
| trespassing.

Oh, please do. You have never deliberately misquoted me.

| I thought you were implying it was likely that people assisting 'authorised
| persons' might be prosecuted, a scenario which, although possible in
| exceptional circumstances, strikes me as highly unlikely.

No, I think that is really implausible, and they would have a pretty
solid defence.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.