Old 05-07-2006, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Garden Intruders

In article ,
Janet Baraclough writes:
| The message
| from "tahiri" contains these words:
|
| If I ring
| the police to find out, does that get the farmer in trouble?
|
| No. But the normal practice is to ring the local farm(s) and leave a
| message. It's not hard to learn which farm keeps which breed, and what
| their mark is. I would only ring the police (right away) if there's a
| road traffic hazard from straying animals.

If the North Wales police got uptight about straying sheep, they would
die of heart failure before the year was out.

If you can't find out which farm they come from, ringing the police
(not on 999!) to ask which it might be would be sensible. But, as Janet
says, try the obvious ones first.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.