Old 06-07-2006, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeanne Stockdale

Default Poinsettia

"Hugh Jarse" do@notreply wrote in message
I have a Poinsettia that I cut down around March after it had finished
flowering. I put it somewhere dark but I've noticed now that it's started
sprouting again. Should I bring it out and water it and let it run it's
natural course?

My sister always buys my mother a Poinsettia at Christmas and it usually
lasts for 5/6 weeks before the leaves fall off. The one she had last
Christmas is still going strong!!! Still a lot of the old red leaves on and
new leaves have developed - starting off green and turning red. It doesn't
get any special treatment - just a drop of water each day.

Jeanne