Old 05-07-2006, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tahiri

Default Garden Intruders

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
If I ring the police to find out, does that get the farmer in trouble?

Our local police have a little book of all the marks in the area and the
owners. Sheep get out, fact of life, provided the farmer is taking steps
to keep 'em in there shouldn't be a problem.

Useful comments both of you, but that last one of yours implies I can just
ring the police to ask for the phone number of the farmer with such and such
marking - good. Because although I know who owns the field either side of
me, I don't know who the owner or tenant is across the road. (Down the road
is a distinctive one, he numbers his sheep!)
Thanks
T.