Old 06-07-2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default grafting, can it be done or is it a science fiction?

In article ,
sherwindu wrote:

If you are stating there is no advantage to do grafting, I can easily
explain
that,
but I'm not sure that is what you are saying.

I can't see the point in grafting tomatoes...
The plants grow so quickly and can be easily and rapidly stem propagated
from simple cuttings at selected nodes.

Just seems to be silly to me. :-) But, I've done extensive tomato
cutting propagation back in college when I worked in the greenhouse for
my botany professor. I was able to create 40 healthy tomato plants off
of 3 medium sized starts.

But, I did cheat a bit as I had access to auto-sprayers on the benches.
;-) I think I could do it on my own now using a hand sprayer but I'm
dying to try hydroponics one of these years!

There is nothing on gods green earth like a vine ripe tomato.

sigh
--
Peace!
Om