Old 06-07-2006, 04:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default snails! in my tomatoes

In article ,
"Daniel Glazer" wrote:

my buddy (!) gave me some orchids and one had a snail in it and now i see
snail trails in my tomatoe plants. my dad used to put moth balls around the
pool to keep the slugs out of the pool, so i put some moth balls in my
tomatoe (container outdoors in an urban fire escape garden) plants. i
don't exactly see them clawing their way at a breakneck pace out of the
pots, but i guess they move kinda slow.

any wards, er words, of wisdom regarding this practice? bettter ways to off
the slugs? are they a true threat, or not so malignant a threat?

Beer.
--
Peace!
Om