Old 06-07-2006, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve

Default AOS/"Orchids" question

Back when I started hearing about how much more the membership was going
to cost, I thought I would just drop out. Last month, when the bill came
to renew with AOS, I thought I would send it back with a note saying the
cost was higher than I am willing to pay. I put it with my bills to be
paid so I would take care of that.
Then I sat down to pay the bills and I paid that one too. I thought ...
"I've been a member since 1976, I can afford to renew even thought 2
years is over $100, what the heck, one more time". I still have that
little voice telling me I shouldn't have paid.

Steve

danny wrote:

I've heard membership dropped, I don't know how much. That's not something
they would want to publish.
-danny

"unknown" wrote in message

so any of you who still get "orchids" mag from the AOS--has there been
any mention of a change in membership numbers since they jacked up the
dues? i'm one of the ones who said "no thanks" to the nearly 30%
increase, so i haven't been getting the magazine. i was just wondering
if anyone knew what effect the rate increase was having...

TIA...

---j_a, who plans on asking for a membership for xmas, so my siblings
can split the fee.