Old 06-07-2006, 05:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default Slow release Fertilizer

This has not been discussed in a year or so. Some approved it some were
doubtful in past postings. Any new opinions? My orchids are outside
here near Houston on the gulf coast and it has been raining for weeks,
heavy, long rains. My orchids love it and are growing wildly (for
orchids). Seems it would be good to have a constant supply of food for
them. My present problem is that I would have to feed daily as it is
flushed out quickly in this rain! I am exclusive with S/H, is that a
problem? Do the used prills pose a problem? Should they be removed?
Joe T
Baytown (the ol' swimming hole) Tx