Old 06-07-2006, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DavePoole Torquay

Default Poinsettia

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Mine from last Christmas is still going strong but was in desperate
need of a bigger pot; so last week I planted it out in the garden beside
a purple phormium. I know it won't survive but that doesn't matter
because as you say it's doomed anyway ;-)

In Madeira I've seen them grown as a common garden shrub, taller
than me. Very spectacular.

Quite so Janet. They are extremely easy to keep going as leafy plants.
You may even get the odd red bract, but to expect them to put on a
repeat show for Christmas or any other time in winter, is unrealistic
without a disproportionate amount of hassle.