Old 06-07-2006, 11:31 PM posted to rec.ponds
Hal

Default Lotus that jumped the pot

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:20:30 -0500, "Koi-Lo" ¤?¤@ö½.Õ..Õ¢ wrote:

After 7 or 8 years my Lotus still has not bloomed. I added extra fertilizer
and still not one bud. It's a pretty plant and back by the fence so I'll
keep it, but I would never purchase or trade for another one.

I had one for a year that didn't bloom, but this year I have one that
has bloomed once and has three more buds, one should open tomorrow or
the next day. I understand they are heavy feeders. I have it in a
half barrel container, about 20 gallons or so with a bag and a little
more of topsoil and 4 AgSafe spikes, once a year fertilizer. They
seem to work well and I'll probably use them again next year.

I bought a Mrs Perry D Slocum tuber and planted it in a similar pot
and it died. I was a bit disappointed in that one, but the one that
is doing so well came free from a friend. I have concerns about the
top soil and perhaps I should have used garden soil instead, but I had
topsoil for another project and used what was handy. Oh, Well!

I've enjoyed the free one so much, I may use some of my wife's jewelry
money and buy another one next spring.

Regards,

Hal