Old 07-07-2006, 02:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sena

Default Best way to treat a lawn that is shared with guinea pigs

said...
I wasn't at all cheered by reading that some
unnamed scientific hooligans only managed to kill 75% of a sample of
cattle by feeding them 0.6% of their body weight of fresh ragwort a day
for 20 days: in the dried form, that would be quite a small amount --
perhaps something like the volume of a packet or two of tea -- and
might well escape the stockman's detection. The way the result was
quoted represented the dose as very large, and appeared to be an
attempt at reassurance.

It certainly didn't reassure me. I wondered, as I read that bit and the
bit about the horses, just who had provided the money for such wanton
slaughter. Or do we (generic) then feed ragwort-ridden cattle to animals
in the form of 'my little cat food'?
--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.