Old 18-03-2003, 05:32 PM
~ jan

Default Spring Cleaning Good or Bad?

Keep in mind, IDEALLY clean your pond in the fall and screen thereafter.

So your saying if you covered a pond in the fall then there wouldn't be all
that muck hence having to drain the entire pond every Spring??
Sacha

Yes.

That's been my experience. Only the fine dust can get thru window
screening. Plus there is a double benefit if you live where it snows, the
screen holds the snow off the surface of the pond and creats an igloo
affect. Frozen ponds will actually completely thaw out. Screen is not very
strong so you must put boards over the pond to rest the screen on (see my
web page) to support snow load. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter designs:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~