Old 07-07-2006, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Plant ID if possible

In message et, Sally
Thompson writes
Earlier this year I sowed a packet of wildflower seeds from Mr Fothergill's.
The seed packet was marked Ox-Eye Daisy (leucanthemum vulgare). I had
originally intended to separate out the seed tray into clumps and plant the
clumps, but when they grew I had a trayful of two obviously different plants.
I have (with difficulty) separated them into pots of a few of a kind to a
pot, but I just don't know what the two varieties are.

I have posted a picture of each here and wonder if anyone can reassure me
that Image 1 is in fact a form of ox-eye daisy, because the leaves aren't
like the ones we already have, and can tell me what the second plant is?

I'd guess that the second is Yarrow (Achillea millefolium), but I can't
be sure that it's not one of the Mayweeds.

http://www.sallysweb.co.uk/plants.html

(I haven't included the groundsel and grass, which were obvious and which I
removed early on!)

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley