Old 07-07-2006, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

Default Plant ID if possible

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 21:20:25 +0100, Nick Maclaren wrote
(in article ):

In article ,
Stewart Robert Hinsley writes:

I'd guess that the second is Yarrow (Achillea millefolium), but I can't
be sure that it's not one of the Mayweeds.

Not to say a zillion less likely escapes. It looks dead like yarrow
to me, too, and that is a very common weed. It is apparently essential
for doing the I Ching properly, so some people grow it deliberately.

Thanks for the reply - and see my response to Stewart Robert Hinsley. I'd
far rather have Yarrow than Mayweed (even without the I Ching g), but I
think we will continue to grow these two plants on separately and see what we
end up with - and I think I will tell Mr Fothergill's just so they know
(although it's only a packet of seed) because someone has been a bit
careless.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk