Old 08-07-2006, 07:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Plant Info

Default Mini Roses gone wild

In my experience -- zone 5 -- 2-3 feet tall is about the maximum height for
miniature rose plants.

As far as the roses turning brown shortly after opening, do you mean the
flowers or the rose plants? Either way, especially if you're referring to
the plants, the first thing that comes to mind is moisture -- did they get
enough water or did they so much the roots rotted?

Here where I am in zone 5 (Milwaukee, WI), we've had a few droughty summers
and the soil is quite dry this year also.

Before digging them out, I'd prune out the dead stuff and wait and see.

Good luck!

Suzy O, Zone 5, Milwaukee, WI

"kayla" afwt_hotmail.com@ wrote in message
I have some mini roses that were about 6 inches high and this year
they have suddenly shot up to about 2 to 3 feet high with red roses
that turn brown shortly after opening up. Is this what happens to
mini roses? I'm tempted to dig them up or should I trim them back and
wait to see what happens? They are at the front of the flower bed and
are now in front of shorter plants. I'm in zone 5.

Lori