Old 08-07-2006, 03:51 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Broccoli and cauliflower

higgledy wrote:
" picked the 1st crop from both broccoli and cauliflower. Since these
plants don't grow well in the heat, I am thinking of pulling the plants
out. But what can I plant in their place? I live in Maryland, zone
6."

There/s plenty-o-time left in the zone 6 growing season to...

-- sow seeds now --
green beans
squash
cucumber

-- transplant seedlings now --
tomato (short season varieties 55 - 65 days)
bell pepper
onion (90-day)

-- sow seeds next month --
Cos lettuce (sow seeds early August and/or set transplants early
September)
spinach (sow seeds mid-August)
cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli (sow seeds late July of transplants
mid-August)

Time/s a-wasting, so you/d better get busy.