Old 08-07-2006, 04:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Small gardening advice?

"cardarch" wrote:

Dear ME: Its rather late to start a vegatable garden. I suggest that
you go to your local nursery or garden store and see what they have to
offer in containers. If you'd like to slave away, you can dig up your
little plot and plant some string bean seeds. and some new zealand
spinach. and try some pumpkin seeds just for the heck of it. Why do
you want to go to so much trouble anyhow? XXO Doro

Yep I know its late now

Thinking of something for next year

Wanting to do it to save money and provide better
quality food. Kind of an experiment in "drop-out"
lifestyle.

I'm thinking containers are bets for me as I have no
way of plowing up a spot. Plus..... I live alone so
don't want too much produce....just to throw away.