Old 08-07-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k.

Default Adding Value

Ray Mooney wrote:
I am thinking about having my back garden tidied up and made low
maintenance. I estimate that this will cost circa £2,000. At the
moment it doesnt look great - It needs fencing/trellis both sides to
make it private and there is too much in there in terms of
bushes/trees etc. Can I ask whether this investment would pay off in
terms of adding value to my property i.e would it at least add £2,000
to the valuation?

Depending on location, style and price band, some designers hold that a
"designed" garden adds 5-10% to property values. I think that is too high,
but £2000 should be easily covered. New fences and a space that people want
to be in rather than shut the door on MUST add valu.

pk