Old 08-07-2006, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

Default water butts

In article , K
writes
Back trouble comes from lifting with your body bent forward. If you're
upright when you lift, no problem. So a standard water butt on a couple
of rows of bricks works well for me - about chest height, so I'm not
bending as I heave the watering can out. But I do have to be careful
when I'm balancing on a tree branch bending down into the butt trying
to get out the last few inches of water ;-)

Actually I'm pretty strong but trying to lift a full Haws can of water
from lower than halfway down the 350gll butt we have is incredibly
strenuous! I can only just lift it!

I do have or will when it arrives, one of the siphoning gadgets shown on
Gardeners World a few weeks ago. This should mean I can get the water to
travel down a hose pipe to water the potatoes at least.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph