Old 09-07-2006, 03:08 AM posted to aus.gardens
David Hare-Scott

Default The greatest challenge...

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

According to Better Gnomes and Fardels "The greatest challenge facing
Australia's gardeners today is the dreaded side passage"

Well, that *is* challenging... but I don't watch BGF. I'd take Gardening
Australia any day. But let's make this a survey!

I agree, BGF is so commercial and supeficial, it's just a glossy (women's)
magazine translated to the screen. I hope that I am still sparking when I
am as old as Peter Cundle.

What IS our greatest challenge as Aussie gardeners?

Making our gardens more suited to our environment -- ie, reducing water,
energy and fertiliser consumption, reducing CO2... all that stuff, which I
think we garden fiends tend to do anyway.

Yes water is the big issue.

What is the most challenging spot in your garden?

About 4 acres of grass that I would like to be covered with trees and shrubs
.... its going to take years.

David