Old 18-03-2003, 06:20 PM
dave weil

Default Another Batch of Roses

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:52:59 -0500 (EST), "Shiva"
wrote:

Cass wrote:

Here's the page:

http://www.amityheritageroses.com/HybridTeas.html

Really nice. What would you call that color?

Aloha totally knocked me out--it has the colors I probably love more than
any others. There is pretty then there is Just Plain Delicious!

I looked at that picture of Aloha and it's a little misleading. Let me
remind you what Aloha looks like in my neck of the woods (actually, in
my front yard).

More importantly to you, Shiva, is the strong aroma that emanates from
a lush bush.

As to the repeatability of the plant, it blooms very strongly from
early April (if I remember correctly) until the onset of Japanese
beetles the first week of July. Then, after they wipe out the blooms,
it blooms intermittently until late in the season (at least it does
here in Zone 6b). I wouldn't call it full flushes though, and I can't
say how much the Japanese beetles (which absolutely swarm this bush)
keep the plant from reblooming fully. The blooms are long-lasting on
the bush.

I've given up pleading with you about Felicia though chuckle.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/ALOHA.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil...%20Closeup.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Aloha1.jpg
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/Aloha2.jpg

Note that there's some variation in color in these shots. I think that
the last link (and the "closeup" shot as well) most accurately depicts
the "average" color of the bloom, which like just about every rose,
has a bit of variation during its lifespan.

When I look at the picture on the supplied link though, I don't think
it looks quite like my Aloha. There's too much pale salmon in the
middle.