Old 18-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Gabriel

Default Organic rose garden in containers

I have a container garden on a sunny balcony for almost 2 years. The
garden has a mixture of foliage plants, cacti and edibles, all grown
organically with great success. I never had a case of pests or disease
infestation, except for occasional pests that were short-lived. I am
now thinking of introducing roses to my container garden.
From other people's experience, I know that roses are demanding in
terms of watering and health care. There are recently on the market
some species of dwarf roses, which are small enough to be held in
containers. Did anyone try to raise them in containers with 100%
organic treatment ? If they get sick, is there an increased chance
they will spread the disease to the other plants as well ? Since
containers dry very quickly, does that increase disease casualties ?