Old 09-07-2006, 03:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Default Garlic After the Foliage Fall

What kind of garlic did you plant? Some are small and then there is
elephant garlic. I plant my garlic cloves in Aug/early Sept, and harvest it
in July. I cure it after washing off the dirt, by laying it on the back
porch in a single layer, in the shade for 10 to 15 days. Then I move it
inside to a cool room . I harvested 53 heads of garlic this year, 3/4 th of
it was elephant garlic.

I do water it regularly. I soak the ground at least once a week during the
growing season. When ever I came across one that didn't get the water
(wasn't close enough to the soaker hose), found that it didn't split into
cloves. Those I replant right away for next year.

Good luck and have fun.

Dwayne

wrote in message
ups.com...