Old 09-07-2006, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default Paving slabs for edging raised beds.

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 23:49:44 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Andy Mabbett contains these words:

The scaffolding plans with which I edged my raised beds some years ago
are starting to break up.

I'm considering replacing them with 2x2 or 2x3 (feet) concrete paving
slabs ("flags", if you must).

Manouevring 2 ft by 3ft slabs is seriously heavy work. I'd go for the
smaller ones. Ram some bottoming down the gaps on either side to hold
them firm (bottoming is a fine shale or grit used to compact drive
surfaces before gravelling: once packed down tight it stays put).

Janet.

You could also use some of that rapid-setting concrete used for
setting fence posts with, 'Postmix' or similar name.

--
Chris