Old 09-07-2006, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default Close Encounters of the Tree Rat kind

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message om
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these words:

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 16:17:11 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

At this point you should have tried to dump the pest in a bucket of
water, making sure it could not get away.

What a good idea!

Find a bucket and take it to kitchen ...

We are in the kitchen...

or outside tap and fill it. It doesn't take long.

Quite. One has free hand, the teeth of TR1 are currently safely engaged
in severing a finger.

All you needed to do, was lower the extremity + rotating squirrel
attachment into the washing up bowl filled with hot soapy water and
dirty dishes. In about five seconds, all the dishes and the bite area
woulod be spotlessly clean and the squirrel would either have drowned,
or suffocated in an excess of bubbles.

Oh what an excellent suggestion!

For folk who, unlike me, have washing up in the sink.

Mary
who last night did because of a phone call reminding us of a party when we'd
forgotten and had to rush out ... :-(