Old 10-07-2006, 12:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Tomatoes aren't ripening

Well, that's your solution, then. There's probably some sort of chemical
that would kill them, but that would defeat the purpose of growing your own
food.

"Myrl Jeffcoat" wrote in message
ups.com...
Joe - They are so ugly, I won't touch 'em. The best solution I've come
up with thus far is to fill a two cup measuring cup with water, put it
in the microwave for 2 minutes, and then go out and scald the little
devils while they're on the vine.

The yellow jackets, love to come and eat them after!

Myrl

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Do you mean hornworms - the green monsters with the single pointy thing
on
their heads? The best method is picking them off by hand.