Old 10-07-2006, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default Close Encounters of the Tree Rat kind

"BAC" wrote in message

You're forgetting it can probably do more damage with its claws than its
teeth. The moral of the tale is not to try to pick up wild animals without
taking sensible precautions in the first place.

The OP did say that he grabbed the animal during an adrenalin rush. Can you
be certain that in the same circumstances you'd take sensible precautions?

I suspect I'd have backed off but none of us knows how we'd deal with such
an unusual situation unless we were highly trained. Thankfully, dealing with
squirrels at close quarters isn't a normal part of our lives.

The theory is fine until you have to face the problem.

For instance, dealing with bees and wasps is easy for me because I did a lot
of it but most people panic and don't take sensible precautions - or what
they think are sensible precautions are not sensible.

Mary