Old 10-07-2006, 06:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Lotus that jumped the pot

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:31:26 -0400, Hal wrote:

I think this is the higher nitrogen 12-20-8 formulation instead of a 6-12-6
like the tomato spikes. I don't recall an overgrowth of leaves when
I used tomato spikes.
Hal

Sounds like that's what is up and good "for me" to know. I've seen pads do
this in other ponds and the only explanation I have had, from books, was
dividing was needed. Then I ran into someone who had just divided that
spring and their lily was putting out pads like this by June. Now I'll know
to ask what kind of fertilizer they're using. Thanks. :-) ~ jan

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium