Old 18-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Little Badger

Default tomato plants

I have the same problem with chilli plants!
I visit B&Q every week waiting for the plants to appear!

Badger

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In article , Ophelia
writes
When are tomato plants likely to be on sale. I have always grown mine

from
seed but I don't have the greenhouse now. I will have to grow them in

the
cold frame and can only accomodate a couple of plants

Hello Ophelia

I didn't know you posted here. If I were you I would wait until late
April before buying your tomato plants to avoid late frosts.
--
June Hughes

Hi June.. I ralways ead here but post rarely

I intend to put them in the cold frame so they would be protected from
frost. This is the first time I have had a cold frame. It is upright

with
4 shelves. In October I have sewn sweet peas and they are about 6 inches
long. I hoped to put in the tomato plants too. ie by the time the

weather
for the sweet peas is ok I could take out the shelves to accomodate the
tomatoes

I just wondered when the plants would be for sale. I don't want to miss
them