Old 11-07-2006, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George Shirley

Default What is this bug

June beetles, come out here in the south every summer in varying degrees
of "lotta bugs." They lay their eggs in the ground and the larvae become
a brown headed grub that eats grass roots and other stuff.

George

Daniel Prince wrote:
Please look that these pictures and tell me what kind of beetle this
is. I see them when I work on my garden at night with artificial
white light. They are attracted to the light and fly around a lot.
One picture has a ruler showing and you can see that the one I
photographed was just under half an inch. (It got caught in my
birdbath.)

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?i...cropped4zh.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?i...beetle17ow.jpg