Old 11-07-2006, 01:22 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
George.com

Default Help with privacy fence options

wrote in message
ups.com...

George.com wrote:

One thing you may consider doing is erecting some basic trellis and

growing
a creeper up it. The trellis can be higher than 6 foot and would

probably
not constitute a fence if you did it right. You can train a fairly quick
growing creeper up it that require pruning twice a year to keep it neat.

Yes, I've thought about the trellis vs. fence option. I'm not sure what
the criteria are for determining if a trellis constitutes a "fence".
The local code only makes reference to fences.

something lightweight that isn't solid should be distinguishable enough. I
am thinking of a bean trellis type set up, maybe made from piping with wire
mesh. Easy to train a creeper up that and it will hide the structure in
time. Build it a foot or so in on your side and it is then not right on the
boundary.

rob