Old 11-07-2006, 01:49 PM posted to aus.gardens
ant

Default Tree Ferns & Daphne

Steve Wallis wrote:

Finally, regardless of the fate of the existing Daphne, I am trying
to find a variegated one, but have not seen any at the nursery. Nor
were they hopeful of procuring any for me. Any clues where I can find
them?

Find someone who has one, and take a cutting? Great way to grow daphne.
Maybe check out fetes and things in spring, people strike them in butter
containers and flog them! Getting a daphne happy is a great thing. If
they're happy, they'll grow like mad, but if they get annoyed, that's it. I
haven't even thought of trying to grow one up here, windy and dry. No
self-respecting daphne would have a bar of it.
I love daphne, they smell like heavan. Some are like lemons, others are like
strawberry icecream.

--
ant