Old 11-07-2006, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default metrosideros umbellata seedlimgs, what next?

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote
"Janet Baraclough" wrote
I left a pot of fresh seed in the coldframe over winter, and a dozen
germinated in May. All of them have very tiny leaves indeed (some of
them have 6 leaves now). Is this normal for baby metrosideros? Other
than being minute they look healthy, and because they are so tiny they
aren't crowded for light and space yet.

I'm not sure how tough they are; whether to leave well alone and
wait for them to grow, give them a dilute liquid feed, or prick them out
into fresh compost.
Any tips?
Janet.

Having ascertained that there really is a plant with this name --well you
must admit it does sound just a bit of a p take, I had a Google and no
Joy.

No joy ?? 15.000 hits :~))
http://www.google.nl/search?hl=en&lr...ta&sa=N&tab=iw

Jenny

No joy with getting any relevant info to answer Janet's questions. I only
looked at the first 9000:-)
Quite certain Janet had already had a look and also did not get the info she
needed.