Old 11-07-2006, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default Filling in a garden pond

In message , Judith Lea
writes
In article , Sacha
writes
Please may I suggest that we get back onto an even keel here? Thousands and
thousands of children have grown up round ponds, rivers, harbours,
shorelines or on boats etc. What is needed is for their adults to be
sensible about this.

My thoughts exactly, we have a 17 month old grandson and he can move
like quicksilver, he can reach door handles and often opens doors.
With this in mind, we have had to take precautions with our swimming
pool as he will be spending 2 weeks with us, without mummy, in the
Summer, Edward bought a swimming pool alarm in France where it is now
obligatory to either fence off a pool or use one of these things. If
the surface of the water is disturbed by a weight of more than one or
two kilos, then sonic alarms go off all over the place. They are not
cheap, about £300 but what price our grandson's life.

Hi Judith

What a good idea. I shall investigate that one.

BTW was at the Royal Norfolk Show last Thurs. Lovely but hot. Thought
about you.
--
June Hughes