Old 11-07-2006, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Help please peas!

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Welsh Witch" wrote in message
news
*************************

I had a super labeller that punched out the letters made by Brother, but
when I ran out of tape there was no replacement tape so that's in the bin!
Vegetables seems so much more complicated a job than flowers which I'm
very used to.

Too late for you now but I've just come in from marking some plants, lilies
as it happens but I'll use the same system on veg from now on.

I cut some strips of white plastic from yogurt pots and wrote the
information in CD writers (Spouse got them very cheaply from Lidl yeterday).
Then with a paper punch I made a hole towards one end of the strip, threaded
a plant tie through the hole and attached it to the stem. So easy!
[...]

Could you let us know later on if the CD marker fades, please? I found
fading with ordinary permanent felt markers, and changed to
old-fashioned chinagraph, which seems to last longer than the plastic
itself. For some things I made extra-long labels and wrote on both ends
so that the buried end was protected from light.

--
Mike.