Old 11-07-2006, 06:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
The Other Funk

Default Type of Zoysia & Mulch to Use

Finding the keyboard operational
entered:

The Other Funk wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Trader4, I am not question your experiances with Zoysia but here in
north Jersey, my Zoysia stays green until I stop watering it and
greens up in about a week after I start watering. The previous owner
put it in so I don't know which variety it is.
What I can't answer, is David's question about howto stop it from
spreading. Even 4" deep edging only slows it down.
Bob

--

Your saying your Zoysia in NJ doesn't turn brown/green in response to
seasnonal temps, only watering? Never heard of a grass that does

I mistated that. If I keep it watered, it stays green longer then if I
don't. The guy next door has a lawn (not Zoysia) that looks like a putting
green but he's retired and can spend all day 2 or 3 times a day working on
it. The other neighbor also has Zoysia and doesn't do a thing other then cut
it. I am basing my comment on the results of my watering early and late in
the season. By late October till April, I have that brown lawn that comes
with Zoysia.
Bob
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
www.moondoggiecoffee.com