Old 18-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Penny Morgan

Default hostas

I would put a ring around the edges of the plants made of Diatomaceous
Earth. It's an organic powder made of ground up diatoms that
dehydrate soft bodied insects and slugs. I also save and dry egg shells - I
know it sounds weird, but they can be crushed into a fine powder that
feels like shards of glass to slugs AND they slowly feed your plants with
calcium. I just toss them throughout my gardens.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"ann" wrote in message
om...
Hostas are beautiful plants until the slugs & snails discover them!
Any advice on how to protect them apart from slug pellets? Thanks!