Old 11-07-2006, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

Default Runner beans having a problem.

"Geoff" wrote in message
Diggers,

You may remember that a short time ago I recommended using large modified
plant pots (8-9 inch diameter), inverted over runner bean plants to enable
watering and feeding liberally but not wastefully. Well, it has other
advantages apart from watering and slug/snail barrier for I've noticed no
ants which I reckon carry aphids from one part of a plant to another. The
beans still have blackfly

On *runner beans*? I've never had that in forty years. The main reason I
don't grow broad beans is that I'm paranoid about blackfly, if I see them on
my beloved runners I'll - well, I don't know what I'll do!

Mary