Old 11-07-2006, 10:13 PM posted to uk.local.southwest,uk.rec.gardening
JonDown

Default Syd Barret dies

Just Another Residents Fan wrote:
Of cancer age 60..........

Shine On Crazy Diamond

Syd Barrett (two t's) was a great influence on my musical taste growing
up & still today, mind you his life was one of a recluse after leaving
Pink Floyd early in their career, hard to believe someone could have
such an effect on music in such a short period of time really, it's a
shame he could not handle the increasing stardom or the drug use back
then, his solo albums were strange to say the least.
Interstellar Overdrive & Astronomy Domine are still staples in my play
lists today & See Emily Play & Arnold Layne still make great
listening...pure psychedelic man!

Jon~